Fala Chen enjoying freelance, not ready to renew contract

Thursday 30 May 2013


Director Peter Chan's new film American Dreams in China (中國合伙人) held its film premiere last night and invited many good friends including Fala Chen, Nick Cheung, Jacky Cheung, Eric Tsang, Tony Leung Kar Fai, Shawn Yue, Anita Yuen and Kenny Bee.

Earlier the media spotted Fala shooting director Gordon Chan's new horror film Tales Dark 1 & 2. Fala's TVB contract just expired and she attended the premiere last night as a freelance artist. She smiled and said she isn't used to it yet. Fala is planning to take a summer course in the U.S and won't make a decision on the contract until she gets back. When asked if she wants to switch to the film industry? She said: "Of course, I wish for more opportunities, the more the better. I hope for more challenges in my work and the most important is a good script! (Use money in exchange for a TVB best actress award?) No! Absolutely not! My relationship with TVB is not about money!" When speaking of the recent rumors that she got into a dispute with Virgina Lok over the contract? Fala responded awkwardly: "I haven't heard about that. Not sure! We still chat!"

Steven Ma hopes to collaborate with Fala Chen again 

Steven Ma said: "I haven't experienced the 8 hours of rest time yet, perhaps the benefits won't start until 2014." Dressed in a Chinese tunic suit, Steven resembled Damian Lau's role 'Kam Chan Sai' in his 1980 series Yesterday's Glitter. Steven said: "I liked Damian's role back then, it is my dream to portray 'Chan Sai'. In 2014, I hope to collaborate with Fala Chen in Yesterday's Glitter, then that would fulfill my dream. I actually suggested to TVB before on making a new version of this series, so I could have the opportunity to portray 'Chan Sai' and Fala can be Liza Wang's role, Ho Yin Chau." However, Fala may be leaving TVB soon, so his dream may not come true. Steven confidently said: "Even I could come back and film a TVB series!"





Thoughts: I think freelance would be more enjoying for the long run. All of Fala's upcoming dramas and film is airing this year, haha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
COPYRIGHT 2011 - 2020 | FALA CHEN WORLD